Attorney Jennifer Lough
(608) 784-8055 in La Crosse
Criminal Defense and OWI Defense Practice
Attorney Jennifer Lough practices in the areas of criminal defense and OWI defense. She has been particularly successful in handling cases involving sexual assault allegations and domestic violence. Before moving to La Crosse in 2012, Attorney Lough was an assistant district attorney in the Waukesha County District Attorney's Office. As a prosecutor, she was assigned to the sensitive crimes unit. Attorney Lough handled complex criminal cases and many jury trials. She gained a unique insight into the strategy and mindset that a prosecutor uses to analyze his or her case, which gives Attorney Lough specialized knowledge as to how the State will interpret the evidence in the case. Further, Attorney Lough is able to anticipate the State’s trial plan, which allows her to provide the best defense possible to each client. Attorney Lough also uses her extensive experience in negotiating cases as a prosecutor to anticipate what the State will need to resolve and win case with a favorable outcome for the client.
Prior to law school, Attorney Lough was a victim specialist in the Milwaukee County District Attorney's Office and was assigned to the domestic violence unit. Attorney Lough obtained the skills to intimately understand how witnesses will handle themselves in a jury trial. Also, she has gained the knowledge to effectively prepare any client for trial and put them at ease in the courtroom.
Recognized as One of Wisconsin's Super Lawyers
In 2019 Attorney Jennifer Lough was selected as a SuperLawyer, one of the top criminal defense lawyers in Wisconsin as published in Milwaukee Magazine. Previously, for seven consecutive years, Attorney Lough had been selected as a Rising Star in Criminal Defense by SuperLawyers, a distinction granted to less than 3% of eligible lawyers. Super Lawyers ranks attorneys in each state based on peer evaluations and through independent research.
Attorney Lough thoroughly understands the principles of a drunk driving investigation and uses this detailed knowledge to determine and construct a strong defense. In Waukesha, she was a dedicated OWI prosecutor and reviewed hundreds of cases. Her particular familiarity with these specialized cases allows her to secure positive results for those charged with OWI. If you have been charged with OWI in La Crosse County or western Wisconsin, call Attorney Lough today to set up a consultation on your case.
- Criminal Defense
- OWI/DUI Defense
- Wisconsin - 2006
- Juris Doctor: Marquette University Law School, Cum Laude, 2006
- Bachelor of Arts: Marquette University, Summa Cum Laude, Psychology and Criminology, 2000
Awards and Recognition
- Top Criminal Defense Lawyers in Wisconsin: Milwaukee Magazine (SuperLawyers designation), 2019
- "Rising Star in Criminal Defense in Wisconsin": Milwaukee Magazine (SuperLawyers), 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- Friend of Education, Education Association of Waukesha, 2010
Memberships and Associations
- Wisconsin Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys
- Wisconsin Bar Association
- La Crosse County Bar Association
- President-Elect, 2017-2018
- Secretary, 2016-2017
Pro Bono Activities
- New Horizons Shelter and Outreach Center – La Crosse
- Board of Directors, 2013-Present
- Board Chair, 2016
- Chair of Fundraising, Education, and Marketing Committee, 2014
- Habitat for Humanity – La Crosse, Board of Directors, 2013-Present
- La Crosse County Free Legal Clinic, 2012-Present
- Guest Adjunct Lecturer of Political Science, University of Wisconsin-La Crosse, Spring 2013
- Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society
- Alpha Sigma Nu Jesuit Honor Society